Have I ever told you that I love avocado? Like, LOVE avocado? I eat them several times a week and could probably eat them daily without getting sick of the creamy, cool, buttery goodness.
I like to eat avocado:
straight up with a spoon.
spread on toast.
mixed with a little salt and lime as a dip for chips.
mashed together with salt, pepper and lemon juice, spread on a toasted baguette and topped with tomatoes (aka tomato avocado toasts).
sliced and on a sandwhich.
chopped and in a salad.
And thanks to Oh She Glows, I now have a new favorite way to enjoy avocado. As a creamy sauce for pasta. Oh. My. Gosh. Avocado heaven. So incredibly easy. I promise once you try this you'll say "Why the heck didn't I think of that?!" I would have taken a picture for you, but once I started eating it I couldn't stop!
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
(adapted from Oh She Glows)
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish (I used almost a whole lemon. But I like lemon!)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove) (I only used 1 and it was plenty garlickly for me)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional) (I used ~1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. (oops. I threw everything in all at once)
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. (I also squirted a little lemon juice on top)Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Are you a fan of avocado? What's your favorite way to eat it?