Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cheek to cheek

Olive and I love to dance. We are the dancing queens of our living room. Some might say, dancing fools. But whatever the name, we love it. The majority of our day is spent dancing. Sometimes there is music on, sometimes not. Sometimes we have an audience, sometimes not.

We each have our own unique style of dance. I am more of a sway and twirl girl, whereas Lou-lou is more of a the shake your booty kind of girl. Even in a chicken suit.
(I used to be one of those girls too. Now my booty shakes more than I care to admit.)

And lately she throws in a sweet shoulder shrug. It doesn't matter the beat, she will drop it like it's hot and get down with her bad self anytime of day or night. She loves to dance.

But my favorite dance of ours is  "cheeks!'. 

"Cheeks!" usually takes place during a slower song, but that is not a requirement. It involves Olive running to me with her arms outstretched for me to pick her up. I hold her close and she squishes her face against mine so we are dancing cheek to cheek. I am not really sure when or how it got started. I think I've been doing it since she was itty bitty and we would spend our days swaying and slow dancing. It has evolved into a daily dance that never fails to melt my heart.

I know there will come a day that the request for "cheeks!" won't happen.





But until then, we will dance our hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment