Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks.

Whether we are ready for it or not, the holiday season is upon us. This Thursday is the kickoff event, Thanksgiving Day.

A day to gather with your nearest and dearest and eat. And for some, watch football. I have to say Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There are no expectations other than to eat. And help with the dishes. It's great.

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Christmas. I love the lights, decorations, SNOW, music, cookies and presents. Well, I like giving presents. For whatever reason I get very nervous receiving/opening gifts. (Don't even get me started on bridal/baby showers. Eek!) But I digress...

Where were we? Thanksgiving. Love it. No pressure to do anything but eat. And drink. And be merry. And...what was that?

Oh yes, be thankful. I have so much to be thankful for, I don't know where to start.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful, amazing, loving husband and daughter. Who I love and cherish every day.
I am thankful that they both love me just for being me. That's not always easy to do. But they do. Every. day.
I am thankful for my loving parents. All four of them.
I am thankful for my loving father in law and mother in law. If only everyone were as lucky as I am to have such wonderful in-laws.
I am thankful for all of my siblings; W, L, J, A,K and E.
I am thankful for Mr. Tater-roo. His smile warms my heart. 
I am thankful for my pooch. He's a good boy.
I am thankful for all of my amazing friends. 
I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, food on my table and warm bed to sleep in at night. I wish everyone were so fortunate.
I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.
I am thankful my husband has a job.
I am thankful I am able to stay home with Olive.

The list goes on and on.

And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment