Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

Ah, New Year's Eve. It always holds so much anticipation and excitement. What will the night entail? What does the new year have in store for me?

When I was younger (aka didn't have a child), it was definitely more about what the night would entail, not what the new year would bring.

Not to say there is anything wrong with that. I had plenty of fun with those kinds of New Years Eves. (and yes, sometimes TOO much fun.) I'm just saying my perspective has changed somewhat.

Now instead of worrying about what to wear, where I am going to go and how I am going to get home, I worry about staying awake until midnight.

I know, pathetic, right?

Oh well, c'est la vie. Mais, J'adore ma vie.  (pardon my french (literally), it's been a while)

It's true. I do. I love my life.

And spending New Year's Eve at home, in my pj's, eating crab legs and drinking ginger ale (the closest thing we have to bubbly) sounds magnifique.

So whether you are hosting a magnificent NYE party like my SIL is or staying home like we are, I hope it's wonderful and exciting. (and yes, flannel pants are exciting!)

And if you spend the first day of the brand spanking new year moaning on your couch in agony instead of tackling your new years resolutions head on, don't worry. There's always tomorrow.

And make sure to eat something. The greasier the better.

Wishing you the very best in 2010!



and p.s. Can you tell that two of my resolutions for 2010 are to brush up on my French and use the word magnificent daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment