Thursday, January 28, 2010

Holy Salsa.

I don't care what anyone else says, chips and salsa are, hands down, the best snack (or meal) ever. Ever.

Even in my current state of hurl inducing nausea, I can eat chips and salsa. (Yes, I regret it later, but that's beside the point.) And thanks to The Pioneer Woman, I can honestly say, I just had the best salsa I have ever tasted.

I have died and gone to salsa heaven. And it's a good place.

But don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Restaurant Style Salsa
(Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman)

Ingredients:
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)

¼ cups Chopped Onion (oops I forgot to buy an onion. I used a healthy sprinkle of Onion Powder instead)
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin (seeds too!)
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt (I used closer to a 1/2 tsp.)
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin (oops, didn't have any)
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
½ whole Lime Juice

Combine everything in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like (I think I did 18). Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Or eat it right away, you know, whatever.

Makes 7 cups or so. My food processor was plumb full.

So as you can see, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. Just imagine how amazing it will be if you use an actual onion and add the cumin!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment