Friday, March 25, 2011

Just one of those days.

Today was just one of those days. You know, one of those days?


The kind of day where everything is.....perfect. 


Not what you were expecting, huh? Well believe me, I am kind of surprised myself.

Don't get me wrong, most of our days are wonderful and I really don't have anything to complain about. I have a lot to be thankful for and have been blessed with so....much in my life. So much love and family and friends and good things. I truly am a lucky gal. 

But some days I lose sight of all of that and can only focus on the not so happy. And granted the not so happy could be a whole hell of a lot worse, but still. It's hard to focus on the so much when you have a little person knocking you down and blowing you up with their incredibly intense and passionate way of being. And it's even more frustrating when you know that the reason they are so passionate and intense is because you. are. too.  So now not only are you extremely frustrated and pissed because this little person is defying your very existence, your extremely frustrated and pissed because you know she can't help it because she is a mini you.  So yelling and crying and stomping ensues until you both get it out of your system. And then you cuddle and wipe tears and whisper 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' and all is well.

Today wasn't one of those days. Today was wonderful. Fabulous. Magical. Nothing exciting or extraordinary happened. But I think that's why it was so lovely. It was just extra ordinary. There was no yelling, no crying, no screaming, no "I DON'T WANT TO!!!!".   Just a nice day at home doing a whole lot of the usual. Playing, singing, eating, dancing, play doh-ing, cuddling, reading, etc. But the absence of yelling, crying, whining and hot tempers was like a breath of fresh air. Heck, I even got a workout in during pseudo-nap time. I am telling you, it was a great day. 

What did we do differently? Why was today so pleasant? I couldn't tell you. And honestly, I don't really care. I just enjoyed it and take comfort in knowing that there are more days like this on the horizon.  Who knows what tomorrow brings, but today was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment