Someone asked me today how I was doing on my Eleven in '11 goals. And I realized I never got around to posting an update. I meant to update on my progress back in June. Oops. Better late than never.
I have to say, I haven't done too shabby.
1. Learn to sew. Yeah, haven't done this. I have been knitting more, does that count? No? Crap.
2. Run a half marathon. If my back/knees/feet will allow it. If not, then a 10K or two. Heck, 2 miles might be pushing it. We'll see. Maybe I should just say start running again. Have not a half marathon. BUT I did TRY to get into one. Just didn't happen. This year. I did however, run a 5k. I am calling this a success. I would really like to run on a regular basis so I am going to continue working on that.
3. Eat clean/less processed food. We don't eat much as it is, but I would like to cut it out as much as possible. This is definitely a success. I still enjoy a bag of Frito's as much as the next person, but we have definitely cut back on our processed food intake. Feels so much better to eat fresh/homemade food. More work but worth it.
4. Learn to drive a stick shift. Negatory. Still time.
5. Exercise DAILY (pretty sad that this is even on my "to-do" list) Mostly yes. Sometimes it's something little like push ups and sit ups while my computer is spazzing and sometimes it's bigger like a workout dvd or walk/run. We re-joined the gym, so hopefully i will be getting my sweat on more regularly.
6. More positive, less negative. Thoughts, actions, people, feelings, etc. Check. Feels good. And not only am I trying to be more positive in general, I am more accepting of the negative/crappy. It is what it is and nothing more. Sometimes you just have a crap day.
7. Spend less, save more. Done. We have never been huge spenders but we're more conscious of our spending habits now. We also set up an automatic daily deduction from our checking to our savings account. It's not much but it adds up quickly. And to be honest, we don't even miss it from the checking account.
8. Volunteer. Work in progress. I am on my MOPS Steering Comittee and plan on volunteering at Olive's preschool. I would also like to do some sort of volunteering around the holidays.
9. More meal plans. Less grocery shopping. This is hit or miss. We go in stretches of being really organized and well stocked to total chaos and scraping the bottom of the barrel (or fridge) to throw something together. Could be better.
Take golf lessons. Maybe. Still undecided about this one. This got the boot. See below.
11. Enjoy the crap out of each and every day. Life is too short not to. You betchya. Life is good.
So all in all, I'm not doing too bad. And there is still time to work on some these.
How are you doing on your goals/resolutions?