Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eleven in '11

I have never been a big fan of New Year's resolutions. Probably because I never follow through with them. But I've decided this is the year I am going to make a list of goals and try my darndest to accomplish them. Are these goals ridiculously challenging? No.  Are they attainable but still somewhat challenging? Yes. Baby steps people, baby steps.

And without further ado, here they are (in no particular order):

1. Learn to sew. 
2. Run a half marathon. If my back/knees/feet will allow it. If not, then a 10K or two. Heck, 2 miles might be pushing it. We'll see. Maybe I should just say start running again.
3.  Eat clean/less processed food. We don't eat much as it is, but I would like to cut it out as much as possible.
4. Learn to drive a stick shift 
5. Exercise DAILY (pretty sad that this is even on my "to-do" list)
6. More positive, less negative. Thoughts, actions, people, feelings, etc.
7. Spend less, save more.
8. Volunteer
9. More meal plans. Less grocery shopping.
10. Take golf lessons. Maybe. Still undecided about this one. 
11. Enjoy the crap out of each and every day. Life is too short not to.

So there you have it. Nothing earth shattering, but it's something. I have a few others I am kicking around that may or may not be added on to the list. We'll see as the year progresses...

And with that, I am off to enjoy a glass of wine while planning meals for the upcoming week. See? I'm doing great already! :)

1 comment: