Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here is the problem I have with working out...

I am constantly STARVING!!

I am blessed with a fast metabolism as it is and when I work out/run, it kicks into over drive. And I am breastfeeding, so that doesn't help matters.

Today I have eaten:

Green smoothie (an orange, banana, 2c frozen fruit, 3c. baby spinach)
Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, honey and hemp hearts
Peanut butter toast
almonds, dried fruit
an apple
baby carrots and broccoli with hummus
turkey sandwhich with lettuce, avocado, tomatoes on whole grain bread
grapes
small bowl (1/2c) black beans
handful of chips (I know)
another piece of peanut butter toast
protein shake
2 poached eggs with toast
another apple
2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
bowl of lucky charms (again, I know)
two slices of turkey
approx 80 oz of water
a cup of decaf coffee
a cup of tea

And I am still hungry! And this is just from doing 20 minutes of exercise (30 Day Shred. Don't knock it until you try it).

And since I am avoiding dairy, my go to protein snacks of cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese etc are a no go.

Anyone else have this problem? What else can I eat?!

I am going to bed before I gnaw my arm off....hopefully I don't dream about an all you can eat Chinese buffet like I did last night.

3 comments:

  1. i hear ya! sounds like my world. you are getting an amazing amount of protein. it seems like you need something that will fill up your stomach and have a lot of protein, too...make you feel full at first and then keep you full for awhile. but you are already eating oatmeal. there are some teas that have a appetite suppressant...not sure what the herb is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish i could eat that much food in a day! I get full really easily, and I worry that I don't eat enough, especially now that I'm going to the gym. Does water fill you up? Have you tried soy yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. emt- You know me, I am always hungry. This is hungry on a whole new level. Oatmeal and peanut butter are becoming my go-to fillers.

    positivelymeesh-Water does fill me up, but even drinking close to 80oz a day isn't doing it. Not to mention all the bathroom breaks....I have not tried soy yogurt. I picked some up at the store only to realize it had milk ingredients in it once I got home! I will have to look for a different brand, I miss it!

    ReplyDelete