Friday, October 22, 2010

SSOF: Weekly Check-In

(Some Sort of Fitness)

I am proud to say that I got a workout in today. Albeit a short, 10 minute workout, but a workout is a workout. 

I stumbled across the Busy Mom's Bootcamp over at Babyfit (by Sparkpeople!). It is a workout program that consists of doing one 10 minute (or less) workout video per day and five 30 minute cardio sessions per week. Throw in some healthy eating and voila! I am back on the wagon! Ok, not yet. But the intent is there...

I started with Day 1: 10 Minute Cardio Kickboxing.While it was not the hardest workout I have ever done, it did get my heart rate up and yes, I broke a sweat. I also pushed Olive in the cart at Target while carrying Penny in the Ergo, so I am counting that as additional cardio. Baby steps people, baby steps. 

The idea is to follow the workout for four weeks and you will see results in all major muscle groups. And considering the workout videos are only 10 minutes long or less, I really have no excuse for not doing them. Unless I am too tired. Or hungry. Or it's too sunny out. I kid. 

Kind of. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! It takes 30 days to make something a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 minute workouts...perfect! And yes, you can add on some cardio minutes for carrying/wrangling two young kids in Target! I did the pregnancy workout DVD this afternoon (when I was tired, hungry, and it was sunny out :-) and hope I can get out of bed in the morning!

    ReplyDelete