Thursday, September 16, 2010

Holy Gas (Relief) Batman!

(Ok, I really wanted to title this post "Holy Sh!t Batman!" but decided against it.)

Penelope is a gassy baby. Extremely gassy. From both ends. Clearly, she takes after her father. 

Except sometimes the gas gets stuck. And stuck gas = a very unhappy baby. And by unhappy I mean a screaming, writhing, beet red, arched back, stiff bodied baby. No fun. No fun at all.

We tried gas drops and Gripe Water with little relief (But we still LOVE gripe water. It works miracles on run of the mill gas pains, fussiness and hiccups).

Then we found Hyland's Colic Tablets. And wow do they work. Dissolve two little tablets on her tongue and 5 minutes later she's a rootin' tootin' poopin' machine. It's actually quite amazing how well (and quickly!) they work. And a tooting pooping baby is a happy baby. And a happy baby makes a happy mama. Plus they are all natural which is always a good thing in my mind!

Hopefully this gassy phase will pass as Penelope's digestive system matures, but for now, we're keeping a supply of 'Gas Tabs' on hand (Not to be confused with 'Tooth Tabs', Hyland's Teething Tablets which also rock our socks off!).





I am writing this product rave because I want to spread the good word about Hyland's. No one at Hyland's paid me to write it. Heck, they don't even know who I am.










No comments:

Post a Comment