Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thoughts.

Today, on this day of Thanks Giving, I have much to be thankful for. I have an abundant life full of love, laughter, happiness and joy and I know that I take it for granted more often than not.

So in the spirit of the day, I am trying to focus on those things rather than the fact that my house is a mess, I have yet to make my two side dishes, Blogger is being wonky and not letting me start new paragraphs,  my two year is being, well, a two year old and this mega snow storm was anything but mega (nothing is more disappointing than a promised snow storm that doesn't deliver. NOTHING).

I am thankful for:
~My family and friends and their love and support.
~ My health.
~A roof over my head and food on my table
~My husband and all that he does for me and our family. I know this is something I take for granted on a daily basis and for that I apologize. Thank you for everything CT. 
~My beautiful, amazing daughters who remind me everyday how to love and laugh. And be patient. Some days are better than others, but at the end of the day I love you both more than I could ever imagine and for that I am thankful.
~My other child, Jacob P Jones, whose soft ears and blue eyes are like Prozac to me on the days that my patience is worn thin.
~Dairy-free baked goods. Enough said.
~ My husband's job and the fact that it allows me to stay home with the girls. I can say this in November, ask me in August and my sentiments might not be so loving. ;) 
~The internet. I know that sounds incredibly shallow and ridiculous, but without it I would not be able to stay in touch with family and friends who are far away. And I'll be honest, sometimes the internet is my sanity saver.  Facebook, The Bump, Craigslist, Allrecipes, CNN, Amazon, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora, I love you all.

Now obviously, this is an abbreviated list, but you get the point. I am blessed. Abundantly blessed.

And now I need to get my thankful butt in gear. Hope you all have a Thanksgiving full of love, family and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment