Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yum, yum...kale





Yes, you read that right. Kale. The dark, leafy green you don't really know what to do with. Not what usually comes to mind when you think of "Yum yum", is it?


I have seen tons of cooking/foodie blogs talk about baked kale chips lately. They sounded sooo good. (well anything with the word "chip" in it sounds good to me lately.) So I finally made them tonight and wow, were they AWESOME!


I used this recipe I saw at Smitten Kitchen. But really, there is not much of a "recipe".


All you do is wash and dry a bunch of kale, cut it into pieces (taking out the hard rib/stem), toss with olive oil, put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 300* for 20 minutes and voila! Crunchy goodness that's actually good for you!


I was *shocked* at how light and crispy these turned out. And they taste good, which I think was the biggest shocker! Even Chris, who isn't the world's most adventurous eater, was popping them in his mouth faster than I could.


Give them a whirl, I think you will be pleasantly surprised! And if not, pack them up and ship them to me. I'll take care of them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment