Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I hate it when she is sick...

but man, I love the cuddles.


Olive is, for lack of a better word, busy. From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed she is on the go. Playing, singing, walking, dancing, "running", climbing. All day long. 


It's exhausting. We love it.


So needless to say, she does not have a lot of time for Mom and Dad. While I think it is great that she is so independent (sometimes too independent, but that's a whole different post!), I miss my itty bitty little cuddle bug. The only time she will sit still long enough to give her Mama a little love is when she is feeling crummy. 


Tonight was one of those nights. 


With a slight fever, cough and runny nose, she just wasn't her normal busy self. We sat together and read books, sang songs and talked about our day for 10 whole minutes. It was wonderful.


With her 'boo-boo' (blankie), her 'nu-nu' (pacifier) and her mama, she was happy. So was I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment