Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lasagna Rolls from Weelicious.com

Here is another great (and easy) recipe. I made this last night and all three of us gobbled it up. Even Olive, who hasn't been so big on eating anything other than oatmeal and cheese lately. She ate an entire roll. So they must be good! 


I found this recipe, along with many others, at Weelicious. It's a great website/blog that has lots of ideas for quick and easy baby/toddler/family meals. I visit frequently for dinner ideas. Here is the recipe, my adaptations are in blue

Lasagna Rolls
(adapted from weelicious.com)

9 Lasagna Noodles (I cook 1 extra in case they tear while boiling)
1 Egg
16 Oz. Ricotta Cheese (my container was 15oz)
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, divided
1 Tsp Italian Herbs (I used oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and a dash of cloves)
1 Tsp Salt 

Dash or two Pepper
1 Cup Spinach or Broccoli, cooked and finely chopped (I used frozen, thawed and drained well) (I use about 3/4 cup of frozen spinach and that made a very flavorful filling. I think any more than that would have been too much)
1 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce (or 1 1/2 cups 
Weelicious Tomato Sauce)
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided




1. Cook lasagna noodles in salted water 2 minutes less than package directions call for and rinse with cold water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a bowl whisk the egg, ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, italian herbs, salt 1/2 cup mozzarella and broccoli or spinach to combine.
4. Place 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×11 inch baking dish.
5. Spread 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture on each lasagna noodle, covering the sheet and roll up jelly roll style. (I used a heaping spoon full-not quite a 1/3 cup-and that was plenty)
6. Place the lasagna rolls seam side down in the baking dish and top with remaining marinara sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and continue to cook an additional 15 minutes.
9. Serve.

* You can also prepare the dish through step 6, cover and freeze. When ready to eat, bake for 45 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.


Enjoy!

1 comment: