Sunday, October 25, 2009

A weekend full of fall

This weekend, Chris' sister Emily made the drive north for a visit. As always, we had a great time and enjoyed Emily's company immensely. We spent the weekend playing, reading, walking, singing, sleeping and laughing. (and getting a cold, blah. *sniffle sniffle cough*)

Oh and eating.

We tried four new recipes this weekend and made some old standbys that are always a hit. A little bit of this and a little bit of that and they were all fabulous. I will post recipes over the next day or two as I feeling better.

And once again, I forgot to take pictures before we ate everything. 

Here was our menu for the weekend:


Friday night
Peel and Eat Shrimp
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Cheese and Crackers
Pumpkin Dip with Graham Crackers

Saturday
Herbed Baked Eggs
Pizza Luce
Hot Apple Cider
Popcorn with butter, S&P and Chili Powder

Sunday
Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Baked Brie with Apples, Honey, Rosemary and Walnuts.

And lots of tea.

To tide you over until I am up for posting more, here is the pumpkin dip recipe. I found this on one of my favorite foodie/cooking blogs, Annie's Eats. Three of the four recipes we tried this weekend came from Annie's Eats.  I have yet to find a recipe of hers I don't like! Go check her out.

Pumpkin Dip
(adapted from Annie's Eats)

1/2 c. Pumpkin puree
1 (8oz) package Cream Cheese
2 c. powdered sugar (I used 1.25 cups)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I used a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Heavy on the cinnamon because that's how I roll)

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Transfer to a festive pumpkin bowl.
3. Lick mixing bowl and wooden spoon.
4. Enjoy!

We dipped graham crackers and apple slices in the dip. Highly recommend both.

(Ok, step 2 is optional. But really, doesn't everything taste better in a festive pumpkin bowl?)

Off to a hot cup of tea, some Nyquil and my pillow. Ta-ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment