Olive was not too happy about her pumpkin going under the knife.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Clean, raw seeds from 1 Pumpkin
Olive oil or cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Give your pumpkin some pre-op love.
3. Cut open pumpkin and assess the guts. (Someone WILL have to touch them)
4. Using a large spoon or scoop, scrape seeds/guts out. Give them to your assistant to sort seeds from guts.
5. Rinse seeds in cold water to clean off remaining slime.
6. Spread seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray
7. Spray seeds with olive oil (or spray of choice) and season with spices*
8. Roast in oven for 45-60 minutes. Stirring every 15 minutes or so.
9. Carve pumpkin while seeds are roasting.
10. Enjoy seeds while marveling at your pumpkin carving skills!**
*Feel free to use whatever spices and seasonings you are in the mood for. I think tomorrow night we will try cinnamon and sugar.
*Yes, I used a pattern. But I am still pretty darn proud of my skills. Even if Owli's (get it? "Owli"? Like Oli, but with a "w" because it's...an...owl.) nose is a bit more bulbous than the pattern called for. It's ok I like it. It reminds me of Hoots from Sesame Street. Remember Hoots? He plays the saxophone? Sings classics like "Put Down The Duckie"?
Uh, Hoots is a little creepy looking. But man, can he sing.